Ok, maybe not the only way, but I have found a new great avenue for getting up to DC, the Great American Railway. Maybe I am a little late to the party, but so far, this is the way to get up to see my sister. It is especially awesome when it is just me and I can book the trip far enough in advance that it costs me less than a tank of gas to get there. It doesn’t hurt that at the end of this trip is a ticket to see New Kids on the Block, 98 Degrees and Boyz II Men.
Let me count the ways that the train is amazing:
1. The car isn’t that crowded so I can spread out and the seats are comfortable.
2. No worries about the weather or traffic.
3. Free wi-fi and electrical outlets.
4. Two words: Quiet Car
5. Unlike air travel I can get up and move around at any time. I am not worried about missing my connection, or turbulence or getting through security or losing my bags. sure it takes longer, but that is sometimes the point. Which leads me to the best part.
6. Over 4 hours of luscious time for just me. I could read, watch something I want to watch on the iPad, look out the window, listen to music, sleep, blog or do nothing at all and will still make it to Nova.
This I know, I will not be driving up to DC by myself EVER again!